Living life on the edge with deadlines to deal with, errands to run, chores to finish while shuttling between home and work place, many find cooking at home on regular basis a tiring and time consuming process. But they also find restaurant food to be too spicy, greasy and costly and hence unfit to be had on regular basis.
For such people, the eatery named Hardasmal Restaurant is a boon indeed. Established in the year 1952, this place, located in Ulhasnagar camp 1, in Thane district, Mumbai, is popular for its homestyle food at affordable rates. The food served here is fresh, moderately spicy ( you can always ask for more spicier food) and there are plenty of dishes to choose from.
Initially the place was known for the tea sold at a stall, but around the year 1999, Shri Ramchand Sundrani expanded the business and started selling food at most pocket friendly rates and soon the place became popular for its delicious home style food and unique Sindhi dishes like Sindhi kadhi and Besan tikki.
The USP of Hardasmal Restaurant is their Thali meal. One can choose from Veg Thali Sada, Veg Thali Special, Veg Thali Deluxe and Veg Thali Premium.
- Veg Thali Sada consits of Jeera Rice, Dal, Dry veg, Veg gravy, 2 chapatis and Papad (Rs. 90)
- Veg Thali Special consists of Biryani, Dal, Dry veg, Paneer gravy, 2 chapatis, Papad and sada Gulabjamun (Rs. 100)
- Veg Thali Deluxe consists of Biryani, Dal, Dry veg, Paneer special gravy, 2 chapatis, Papad and Mawa Gulabjamun (Rs. 120)
- Veg Thali Premium consists of Biryani, Dal, Dry veg, Paneer special gravy, 3 chapatis, Papad , butter milk and Dry fruit Gulabjamun
You can pick your choice of subzis from the menu for Deluxe and Premium Thali.
Dal is very flavorful and paneer used in subzi is soft and fresh. Rotis are made fresh in front of you and gulabjamun is delicious! The rate of Thali varies from 90 to 140 INR depending upon the type of thali you choose. Overall it is completely a paisa vasool meal.
Hardasmal have some signature dishes as well which includes
In the year 2016 another branch of Hardasmal came up in Ulhasnagar 4.The menu is not as elaborate as that in camp 1 but the quality of food is consistent and rates are highly competitive. Besides, Ulhasnagar is well known for lip-smacking food at affordable rates.
Hardasmal Restaurant is not only known for homestyle Sindhi and North Indian food but also for Chinese, South Indian items, Tandoori dishes, snacks such as French Fries, Sabudana Khichdi, Chole Bature, Veg Kheema Pav and many more.
Some of the Signature dishes of ‘Hardasmal Restaurant’ are:
- Multani Paneer Tikka
- Mushroom Mangolian
- Veg Diwani Handi
- Barista Noodles/ Rice
Hardasmal Restaurants Address:
- Shop No.250, Nr.Police Station, Ulhasnagar 421001, (Open on all the days from 8am to 12am midnight.)
Contact: 0251 270 4802
To visit here you can take sharing rickshaw from Shahad station or Ulhasnagar station with destination as Ulhasnagar-1 bus stop
- Shop No.2, Gargi Palace, Opp. H.D.F.C Bank, Near G.K.Classes Netaji Chowk, Ulhasnagar- 421004. (Open on all the days from 12 noon to 12 midnight)
Contact: 73035 49549
TO visit here you can take sharing rickshaw from Ulhasnagar or Ambernath station with destination as Netaji Chowk, Ulhasnagar-4.
Coverage by Kajol Bhatia